13–15 September 2022
Inclusion via diversity, equity & anti-racism (I-DEA)
We are all accountable across our international education community for purposefully and intentionally creating learning environments that ensure students have an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and anti-racist experience in our care.
Starting with strong foundational concepts that are grounded in being self-reflective, deliberate, and evaluative, we can help you make progress in your school in these important areas.
Taking time to develop and strengthen our foundations—individually and institutionally—is essential, no matter how progressive or rudimentary we are in our thinking and actions.
We must then go beyond the foundational work and put our thinking into practice, accelerating the ethical renewal of international school communities to nurture and sustain inclusion via diversity, equity, and anti-racism (I-DEA), anchored in human and children’s rights.*
Intercultural competence and the ability to understand, interact with, and navigate diversity in all its forms is essential to creating equity in schools and universities.
*Reference: United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child; Adopted in 1989
We can help you do the groundwork.
Our workshops, webinars, research, briefing, and other resources are designed for CIS member schools on their I-DEA journey via the CIS Community portal > Services > I-DEA.
13–15 September 2022
- From process to progress: Three big ideas for inclusion via diversity, equity & anti-racism (I-DEA)
- Breaking up with imposter syndrome: It’s not you, it’s not me, it’s the system
- DEI: Tools, strategies and approaches for school communities
- How international schools can safeguard LGBTQ+ students and faculty
- The CIS model for global citizenship and intercultural learning
- Unpacking well-being part two: Driving change
- A missed opportunity and limited vision for internationalisation
- Socially responsible leadership: Taking a closer look
- Three themes for schools and universities to support international student transitions across cultures
- Advancing global citizenship and intercultural learning in your school
Read more about inclusion via diversity, equity, and anti-racism (I-DEA) across the community on the CIS Perspectives blog.