Contact email@example.com if you need more information.
Global Recognition of CIS International Accreditation
As a leader in the field of school evaluation and accreditation worldwide, we provide a unique international accreditation with a focus on the development of students as global citizens. The quality and rigour of CIS International Accreditation is recognized by ministries, departments of education, and universities around the world as demonstration of a school’s commitment to high quality international education and as a mark of quality assurance. Learn about the recognition of our protocol by country.
- United States: The Council of International Schools is recognized as an approved accreditor for private elementary and secondary schools by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement website. (pdf with all approved agencies)
- Canada: The Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC) recognise the validity of CIS International Accreditation on a 5-year cycle as a mark of quality assurance as they consider schools for membership in the association, fulfilling their requirement for accreditation to ensure the highest educational, leadership and administration standards.
- United Kingdom: The Council of British International Schools (COBIS) joins the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) and the Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA) as organizations in the UK recognizing the validity of CIS International Accreditation on a 5-year cycle as a mark of quality assurance as they consider schools for membership in their respective associations.
Your questions, answered:
We have prepared frequently asked questions for both universities and schools (school leaders, parents and students). Read more about the recognition of our protocol and share the information with others at your institution or in your community.
- Does the U.S. Department of State Office of Overseas Schools recognize CIS International Accreditation?
- How should my university assess a student’s application from a CIS-Accredited school compared to a school that has both CIS and North American Accreditation association?
- What kind of assurance does accreditation provide? Do CIS or national accreditation agencies validate a school’s curriculum or the conferral of a diploma?
Who Accredits CIS?
CIS is itself accredited by the International Council Advancing Independent School Accreditation (ICAISA), an over-arching professional association which “accredits the accreditors”. CIS is a member of ICAISA to influence and improve the accreditation of independent schools while submitting to the evaluation and validation of the quality of our own accreditation process. CIS has voluntarily submitted to a rigorous and impartial review of its accreditation protocol and has demonstrated adherence to ICAISA Criteria for Effective Independent School Accreditation Practices.