Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information.
Global Recognition of CIS International Accreditation
As a leader in the field of school evaluation and accreditation worldwide, we provide a unique international accreditation with a focus on the development of students as global citizens. The quality and rigour of CIS International Accreditation is recognized by ministries, departments of education, and universities around the world as demonstration of a school’s commitment to high quality international education and as a mark of quality assurance. Learn about the recognition of our protocol by country.
- Christine Green, CIS School Support & Evaluation Officer led a panel at the CIS-EARCOS Institute on International Admissions & Guidance on Assessing Student Achievement - How does and how should school accreditation factor into an admission decision?
- Jane Larsson will be speaking at the TAICEP Annual Conference on national recognition of accreditation by Ministries and Departments of Education.
- Margaret Wenger, Senior Director of Evaluation at Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) will be presenting at the CIS Global Forum.
Your questions, answered:
We have prepared frequently asked questions for both universities and schools (school leaders, parents and students). Read more about the recognition of our protocol and share the information with others at your institution or in your community.
- Does the U.S. Department of State Office of Overseas Schools recognize CIS International Accreditation?
- How should my university assess a student’s application from a CIS-Accredited school compared to a school that has both CIS and North American Accreditation association?
- What kind of assurance does accreditation provide? Do CIS or national accreditation agencies validate a school’s curriculum or the conferral of a diploma?
Who Accredits CIS?
CIS is itself accredited by the International Council Advancing Independent School Accreditation (ICAISA), an over-arching professional association which “accredits the accreditors”. CIS is a member of ICAISA to influence and improve the accreditation of independent schools while submitting to the evaluation and validation of the quality of our own accreditation process. CIS has voluntarily submitted to a rigorous and impartial review of its accreditation protocol and has demonstrated adherence to ICAISA Criteria for Effective Independent School Accreditation Practices.