Mental Health & Well-being
CIS is committed to child protection and mental health & well-being
Together, we educate and support international communities to:
- ensure a shared understanding of the signs and risks of child abuse
- know what steps will be taken when allegations and disclosures of abuse are raised
- support and guide educators to work within diverse communities and cultural contexts to prevent and address abuse
- interpret and implement new accreditation standards, developing new policies and practice to strengthen child protection
- learn new recruitment strategies to use when hiring new staff
CIS educates and supports international school communities to address child protection challenges through our services and resources.
Join our mailing list to receive updates on resources and workshops.
CIS International Accreditation protocol includes standards that evaluate the school’s child protection policy and practices. A set of comprehensive international standards developed by the International Taskforce for Child Protection provides a framework for the implementation of policies and procedures.
Our team of CIS Affiliated Consultants also help school communities navigate all aspects of child protection—from education and prevention to managing allegations and recovery.
Child Protection and Mental Health & Well-being Workshops
We bring together a team of experts, world-renowned in child protection and mental health & well-being in schools, to deliver in-person and online a workshops to support educators learning about critical steps to protect students.
- View the International Taskforce on Child Protection resource page for more information to support your school.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments and guidance related to student well-being and child protection on the CIS Perspectives blog.
- CIS members can log in to the CIS Community portal and access a library of member-only webinars to support them with a variety of safeguarding and well-being topics.