Is this position a good fit for you? I-Shou International School has contracted CIS to manage applications for this position. We have worked closely with the school to learn what they need and are ready to share our expertise with you. Apply for this position through CIS so we can represent you, your skills and experience to the school.
I-SHOU INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Teacher of IB DP mathematics and IB MYP mathematics
effective August 2019
We are seeking well-trained, dedicated teachers to join our school faculty. A minimum of two years successful teaching experience is expected, and experience teaching International Baccalaureate programmes is preferred. Current registration with the home country’s teaching license organization is mandatory.
Our teachers demonstrate strong subject knowledge, and constructivist pedagogy. They promote bilingual learning, are all language teachers in their classes, are committed to student success, and contribute to the activity programme. Additionally, our teachers are involved in school improvement initiatives and are regularly and collaboratively reflecting upon and refining their craft.
The maximum class size is 25 students. Most classes are, however, smaller than this to provide for student needs and interests. Some classes are co-taught.
The school day for students is from 8:00-4:25; the working day for teachers is from 8:00-4:40. The academic programme finishes at 3:05 with all students engaged in the activity programme from 3:15 to 4:25.
There are four 80-minute teaching periods per day.
IIS teachers are expected to:
- Deliver the International Baccalaureate programmes.
- Plan units and lessons that are engaging and meet the required learning standards.
- Address the needs of students through differentiated instruction.
- Promote additive bilingualism, and develop English language skills in their students.
- Use effective management strategies to develop a classroom culture based on mutual respect.
- Set transparent learning goals with clear criteria for success.
- Participate actively in the activity programme.
- Integrate technology and Maker Education into instruction, as appropriate.
- Document planning and student progress using ManageBac.
- Be accountable for student learning.
- Be an ‘adult-friend’ to students.
- Work collaboratively.
- Maintain a high standard of professional conduct
- Contribute to the planning for, and implementation of, school development initiatives.
This position is likely to involve teaching one class of Grade 11 Mathematics Applications HL, one class of Grade 12 Mathematics SL, and two classes of MYP Mathematics, most probably at Grade 9 and 10. Teaching a class in another subject area, such as MYP Science, or DP Theory of Knowledge may be possible.
Full time international teachers are scheduled for 24-28 teaching blocks per two week cycle, including possible homeroom duties. Teachers participate in subject area and school-wide collaborative planning. Additionally, teachers will take responsibility for two blocks of Activities each week.
Middle & High School
IB DP & IB MYP
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria, apply now via the application link. Please provide a letter of motivation along with your CV. The letter of motivation should clearly outline your interest in the position and how you meet the requirements.
If the school receives an outstanding application, the Selection Committee reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received so apply without delay.
If you progress to the next stage, you will be invited to continue the application process and will be required to provide the following:
- Employment history
- Education history
- University degree/s (copies are sufficient)
- Certificates/licenses confirming qualification in your field/s of expertise (copies are sufficient)
- A copy of the biographical page of your Passport
- Criminal background checks from all countries where you have lived or worked as an adult (copies are sufficient)
- Contact details for three supervisory referees
This information must be complete when you enter the final stages of an application process.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Taskforce on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.