Is this position a good fit for you? American Creativity Academy (ACA) has contracted CIS to manage applications for this position. We have worked closely with the school to learn what they need and are ready to share our expertise with you. Apply for this position through CIS so we can represent you, your skills and experience to the school.
AMERICAN CREATIVITY ACADEMY
Unassigned Elementary Teacher
effective August 2019
The American Creativity Academy (ACA) is a private school in Kuwait that was founded in 1997 as a primary year’s school, which delivers a standards-based American curriculum, pre-K through grade 12, within an environment in which Islamic values are respected and practiced.
- 4500+ students, 400+ staff members, including over 175 overseas teachers
- 99% Kuwaiti student population, all ESL learners
- Overseas teachers teach core subjects, local native-Arabic speakers teach Arabic and Islam classes
- ACA is internationally accredited by CIS, IB and MSA
- School year runs from September – mid June
- ACA sits on three separate campus locations – two in Hawally and one in neighbouring Salmiya
- Watch the school video to find out more about why you should join ACA.
ACA have openings for 5 Unassigned Elementary teachers who will be given assignments on arrival. This is a great opportunity for newly graduated teachers looking to gain experience in an international setting. Unassigned Teachers receive the same benefits as other assigned teachers and are a full-time member of staff. All Unassigned teachers are guaranteed an assignment on their 2nd year of employment.
Unassigned Teachers may be given one of the following roles:
- Assigned into a matching role on Day 1 of the academic year. (Unassigned Elementary Teacher into a Grade 3 Girls’ spot, Unassigned Math Teacher into a Boys’ Grade 10 spot, etc). The teacher would permanently hold this role and would no longer be “unassigned”
- Assigned into a matching role on Day 1 as a long-term substitute teacher for a delayed teacher. Once the permanent teacher arrives, the Unassigned Teacher would move into another similar long-term position if this were available, or transition into #3 below.
- Assigned to a matching school campus/principal (Unassigned Elementary teacher to an Elementary School, Unassigned History Teacher to a Middle/High School) to provide daily substitute teaching support throughout that school. This would mean the Unassigned Teacher would come to school each day and report to an individual principal. The hope would be that the Unassigned Teacher be assigned matching subject duties each day, however it is possible they’d work in any classroom environment.
- Contracted teacher load is 26 periods per week, averaging two preparation periods per teaching day.
- Must have a Bachelors' degree in Education.
- Native English speakers (or equivalent proficiency).
Working at ACA
- Initial contract period – 2 years
- Tax free salary, no deductions
- Fully furnished one-bedroom apartment, all utilities included
- Daily transportation to and from school
- Medical insurance
- Yearly round-trip flight home for the summer
- Settling in allowance, excess baggage allowance
- In house PD offered and opportunities to attend outside Professional Development Conferences around the world with money provided by ACA.
- Western friendly school calendar (Christmas break)
- Good opportunity to save money.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria, apply now via the link below. Please provide a letter of motivation and your CV. The letter of motivation should clearly outline your interest in the position and how you meet the requirements.
Should you progress to the next stage, you will be invited to continue the application process and will be required to provide copies of the following:
- University degree/s
- Certificates/licenses confirming qualification in your field/s of expertise
- A copy of the biographical page of your Passport
- Criminal background checks from all countries where you have lived or worked as an adult
- Contact details for three supervisory referees
This information must be complete when you enter the final stages of an application process.
29 July 2019
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Taskforce on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.