Advanced Learning Schools
MYP Mathematics/ Science (Female)
effective 23 August 2020
Teachers are expected to:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of subject area and produce curriculum documentation that reflects the IBO requirements.
- Plan their curriculum documentation collaboratively.
- Ensure that their record keeping is maintained, up to date and reflects the IBO assessment criteria/requirements.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with staff, students and parents in all situations.
- Ensure that feedback to parents and students is appropriate to the individual, subject specific and timely in all forms.
- Contribute positively to the school climate and be a positive representative of the school in the community.
- Effectively perform all responsibilities assigned by the school's administration.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of different instructional strategies and methodologies.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for their teaching area.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for students and their learning.
- Motivate students to want to learn and continue their learning
- Model appropriate behaviour for students.
- Establish and maintain a positive, respectful and constructive relationship with students, parents and colleagues.
- Initiate communication with students and parents about student performance and/or behaviour where appropriate.
- Be effective contributors to all team processes within the school.
- Contribute positively and effectively to school wide professional development activities.
- Be able to respond positively to constructive criticism.
- Implement school policies and procedures and enforce school rules in a consistent manner.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions and actions related to student safety.
- Be prepared to work beyond the school day, when required, for the benefit of our students and their learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain an open, honest relationship with their Principal
20 August 2020
Zahra Loubani, PA & Executive Administrator