Atlanta International School
Chinese Language Acquisition Teacher (Part-time)
effective 1 August 2020
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at AIS are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. This is a part time position (2 classes) teaching students ages 11 - 18. Student levels in Chinese Language Acquisition vary. There are students from a partial Chinese immersion programme in Primary School, but also students without prior exposure to the target language. In Language Acquisition, classes are offered from the emergent to the proficient level.
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Chinese Subject Leader
- A part-time position encompasses teaching two classes.
- Collaborate with different groups creating, planning, documenting and moderating assessments.
- Part-time teachers are required to take 1 duty in a 9-day cycle.
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous Secondary School Chinese teaching experience
- Experience with the MYP/DP or similar program preferred
- Integrate authentic texts and teach thematically
- Balance Chinese character learning and acquiring skills
- Promote higher-order thinking skills through teaching
- Design and complete MYP Unit Planner
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Classroom management and differentiation skills
- Self-management skills - organization, affective and reflective skills
- Technology skills - flexibility to work on different platforms
- Communication skills - effectively communicate with different stakeholders
- Adaptability skills - work in a changing environment
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , using 'Part-Time Chinese Teacher' as the subject heading.
28 February 2020
Tamara Rambus, Director of Human Resources