Atlanta International School
Design Teacher, Secondary School
effective 1 August 2020
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at AIS are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. AIS is seeking applicants for three full-time teachers for these positions:
- MYP Design Teacher (Product and Digital) and
- MYP Product Design Teacher (Design Technology Resistant Materials Specialist)
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Head of Design
- Teach students in grades 6 - 10
- Ability to also teach IB Diploma Design Technology
- Work as an Advisor in a specified year group of 10 to 15 students and participate in an annual field trip
- Supervise Personal Projects and/or Extended Essays as part of the International Baccalaureate Programme
- Supervise students during break and lunch on a rotating schedule, approximately 1 hour a week.
- B.A. Degree in Design, Engineering, or other relevant degrees
- 5 years of relevant teaching experience
- Experience of CAD/CAM is essential, as is the safe use of traditional workshop tools and machines to support students in creating their design solutions.
- Postgraduate teaching certification, IB MYP Product Design or GCSE Design Technology Resistant Materials teaching experience and IB Diploma Design Technology experience
- Experience with (IB) International Baccalaureate programs
- The successful candidate needs to have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to work collaboratively with secondary school teachers, students, parents, and staff.
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Design Teacher’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
28 February 2020
Tamara Rambus, Director of Human Resources