BBIS Berlin Brandenburg International School
effective 1 August 2019
BBIS GmbH is an independently run, state-approved, inclusive, English-medium day and boarding school serving the internationally-minded community of Germany’s capital region and beyond. We are the first International Baccalaureate (IB) World School to be fully authorized by the IB organization to teach all four IB programmes covering the 3 to 19 age range. In the current school year 2018/19 our school teaches about 700 students who represent more than 60 nationalities.
BBIS has an opening for a Counsellor for our Primary School.
- Starting date: 01.08.2019
- Limited initially until: 31.07.2021
- Full-time: 40/40 hours
- Position No: 20181220.3
The school counselling programme at BBIS is designed to help students, parents, and teachers develop positive learning experiences. By providing proactive in-class workshops for all BBIS students and counselling support for students with specific social or emotional concerns, the School Counsellors aim to make BBIS a healthy learning environment for all children and young people.
Recommended Postgraduate Qualifications and Experience:
- MA/MEd in School Counselling or an relevant equivalent subject (e.g. Social Work, School Psychology, etc.), with either an appropriate professional licensure and/or teaching credentials
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a school counsellor, ideally in an international school setting
- IBO PYP and international school experience
Duties and Responsibilities for School Counselling Role:
- Counselling Program Development
- Counselling and Direct Interventions for Students
- Development of Primary School Guidance Curriculum
- Consultations and Training
- Liaison for Local Community Resources
- Student Groups
- Professional Practice and Development
The position will be filled when an appropriate candidate is identified.
Please review our website www.bbis.de or our Youtube channel and then apply with a letter, CV, and full contact details of three referees including current headteacher, using our online application form.
22 February 2019