Atlanta International School
Early Years Teacher (German)
effective 1 August 2019
Applications are invited from dedicated and enthusiastic, professional educators for the position of German Early Years Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. Atlanta International School delivers the International Baccalaureate-PYP curriculum through a dual language immersion program in the Primary School.
The Early Learning Center serves student who are 3 or 4 years old in a full immersion setting (taught only in German, French, Spanish or Mandarin). The teacher collaborates with their teacher assistant to meet the differentiated needs of students who are acquiring the language of instruction and others who are native speakers. The teacher models the language and responds to student's input, no matter what language they use to express their ideas. In addition, the teacher works to develop age appropriate skills in all areas of the PYP curriculum in a play-based environment through inquiry.
The school is a vibrant learning community and the nature of the program makes specific demands of our Faculty. The successful Teacher Candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent
- Training and experience in an early childhood school setting
- An understanding of the principles of second language acquisition
- Speak German at a native speaker level
- An international perspective and/or international teaching experience
- An unwavering commitment to the students.
- The ability to differentiate for differing ability levels and learning styles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability, and desire to work collaboratively with the classroom assistant other colleagues as well as the wider school community (including students, staff, and parents).
IBPYP teaching experience is preferred, but good applicants with other curriculum experience are also welcome to apply.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume. Please type "German Early Years teacher" into your subject line.
31 January 2019
Kristen Breedlove, Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org