Atlanta International School
Computer Science Teacher, Secondary School
effective 1 August 2020
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at AIS are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. This is a full time position teaching Computer Science
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Director of Educational Technology
- This position will have responsibility for teaching five classes and will also be expected to participate in extracurricular Robotics programs.
- Responsible for developing and teaching a continuum of elective applied Computer Science courses in grades 6-12.
- Deliver courses that apply computer science to robotics and real world problems as they specifically relate to Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Math.
- Collaborate with the Director of Educational Technology, Director of STEAM and the Design Group Leader to align the Computer Science option sequence with existing coursework.
- This future adaptive individual would have 3-5 years teaching experience with experience in the field of Robotics, Computer Science, Game Design, or other applied technology areas.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all teachers, students, parents and staff.
- Degree in computer engineering, programming, computer science or a related field
- At minimum, 2-3 years experience teaching MYP, DP and/ or AP level computer science courses (or their equivalent)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with teachers, students, parents and staff.
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively with the community of Atlanta International School and the wider community locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Supports and advances the mission, vision, and strategic plan of the school.
- Supports student learning and achievement through collaborative effort and research-based educational leadership, teaching, and learning.
- Supports and advances STEAM education in the context of international education.
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using 'Computer Science Teacher' as the subject heading.
28 February 2020
Tamara Rambus, Director of Human Resources