Atlanta International School
Early Years Teaching Assistant (German)
effective 1 August 2019
Applications are invited from dedicated and enthusiastic, professional educators for the position of German Early Years Teaching Assistant for the 2019-2020 school year. Atlanta International School delivers the International Baccalaureate-PYP curriculum through a dual language immersion program in the Primary School.
The Early Learning Center serves student who are 3 or 4 years old in a full immersion setting (taught only in German, French, Spanish or Mandarin). The teacher assistant works in one classroom with a lead teacher. They work directly with small groups of students modelling the language and developing age appropriate skills in a play-based environment.
The school is a vibrant learning community and the nature of the program makes specific demands of our Faculty. The successful Teacher Candidate will have:
- Training and experience in an early childhood school setting.
- A strong literacy background
- Must be a native German speaker
- An international perspective and/or international teaching experience
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent
- An unwavering commitment to the students
- The ability to differentiate for differing ability levels and learning styles
- An understanding of the principles of second language acquisition
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability, and desire, to work collaboratively with co-teachers as well as with the greater school community including students, staff, and parents
Experience with the IB-PYP curriculum is preferred, but good applicants with other curriculum experience are also welcome to apply.
Applications should include a resume and letter of interest. Please type the job title into your subject line (German Early Years Assistant Teacher).
31 January 2019
Kristen Breedlove, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com