Advanced Learning Schools
effective 23 August 2020
- Attends all relevant meetings as scheduled.
- Is responsible for the organization of presentations/meetings as directed by the Principals or Superintendent.
- Attends extraordinary meetings, when necessary, as determined by the Principals or Superintendent.
- Is expected to assist in the presentation, production and distribution of school handbooks and other related literature including contributing regularly to the Advanced Learning Schools Newsletter.
- Appraises the effectiveness of his/her teaching practices, managerial practices and instructional programme not only in terms of achieving personal goals but also in terms of the total school instructional programme.
- Uses sound business procedures in ordering and administering budget allocations.
- Coordinates selection/evaluation of resources to meet the needs of the users.
- Serve as a resource person to teachers
- Organizes and/or teach in-service for faculty related to use of materials.
- Maintains positive public relations with colleagues, students, parents, and the community.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Principals or Superintendent from time-to-time.
- Promote a variety of reading materials.
Specifically, the Librarian shall:
- Exhibits leadership and cooperate with administration, faculty, parents, and students to formulate philosophy, goals, objectives, policies of library services to meet the needs of students and faculty.
- Participates in the planning, development, and implementation of the school programmes of instruction.
- Provides library instruction and reading guidance to groups and individuals in order to achieve selected long-term and short-term objectives.
- Utilizes appropriate teaching techniques in meeting library instructional needs.
- Plans for and utilize evaluation techniques that measure the effectiveness of the library media programme to determine which practices or objectives to maintain or modify.
- Provides time and space coordination for the effective and creative use of the library services and facilities and maintain a pleasant, attractive, and clean library.
- Assists in the planning of new library facilities and/or revision of existing facilities as needed.
- Directs, organizes, and supervises the personnel and services essential for a unified library media programme.
- Maintains a system for efficient accession and organization and for easy access to materials.
- Maintains accurate circulation and inventory records and prepare annual reports as needed.
20 August 2020
Zahra Loubani, PA & Executive Administrator