Azerbaijan British College
English Teachers (x2)
effective August 2019
Our expectations are that you will demonstrate:
- an awareness of, and compliance with, all the school’s policies, procedures and guidelines that are in place at any time
- inclusion and passion for ensuring that all pupils achieve their best by planning and providing appropriately differentiated lessons. Analyzing test results as they pertain to your cohort.
- fulfilling your designated role as either: class teacher, subject co-ordinator, head of department, head of year, deputy head and Head of School in accordance with the teaching standards.
- high expectations of self and others
- working independently and collaboratively
- reliability and respectfulness at all times
- an awareness of, and compliance with, all the school’s policies and procedures for marking and assessment, teaching and learning and reporting
- developing and sharing schemes of work and resources, using in-house formats
- a willingness to assist with covering colleagues as required
- attend all meetings and INSET as required, and use the school MIS
- a readiness to prepare, invigilate and assess, as required, internal and external tests and examinations
- meeting deadlines and honoring schedules
- spend the required hours per week if necessary to comply with the workload (lesson preparation, student assessment, etc.), even outside the normal working hours (8.00 am – 4.00 pm) should that be necessary
- developing constructive relationships and a consistent communication with the parents. Maintaining a professional distance with parents and students at all times in/out of school.
- Taking into account child safeguarding at all times. In addition, you will not enter into Social Media ‘friendships’ with any students or parents
- You will not use Social Media to discuss students, parents or colleagues within the public domain
- 6 years experience of IGCSEs and A Level.
This is a full-time teaching position. Working hours in the school are Monday – Friday 08.00 am until 04.00 pm. A class teacher position will involve an 80% teaching load and a Head of Department position will command a maximum 60% teaching load. There is an additional requirement to carry out duties, assemblies and clubs (one term without clubs). The remaining time is non-contact time which will be on-site.
ABC follows the British National Curriculum broadly and prepares for Edexcel and Cambridge International IGCSEs and A Levels
Share your interest for the position by contacting email@example.com indicating the job title and sending along your resume and cover letter.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Taskforce on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.