Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill
effective 25 August 2019
Part Time (approximately 4 hours / week)
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school in Wembley, London offering two tracks: the French curriculum in a bilingual environment and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme following on from the English International Programme (EIP). Our school is now also a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and the first cohort will be in 2019.
The school opened its doors in September 2015 and now welcomes 900 students from Year 1 to Year 13. Located in the splendid, historic and entirely renovated Brent Town Hall, the Lycée offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning tools where the art and happiness of learning and teaching rule.
Overview of role
A full time teaching role includes 20 hours/week contact time + 3 hours support to students/class cover.
This role is for 4 hours/week.
We are looking for a part time German native (level) speaker to teach students from Years 7 to 13 in both the French and international sections. Class sizes vary from 7 to 20 students. You will be teaching A1 to B1 level students with a communicative and immersive approach. We teach the French curriculum with an international mindset and we offer our teachers the freedom to design schemes of work and adapt their teaching material to individual groups and students. We are therefore looking for a creative and proactive teacher to join the MFL department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Teach German to Secondary school students
- Deliver instruction that supports the variability of learners
- Model, foster and create an environment where an innovative mindset is cultivated
- Collaborate and write your own schemes of work
- Use long and short range planning to ensure that the curriculum is met and aligned with school standards
- Use a variety of instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, hands-on/project-based activities to increase student learning and confidence to learn for all students
- Provide meaningful assignments and feedback to students
- Analyse student assessment results to help inform instruction
- Maintain contact with parents/guardians
- Maintain up to date records of student achievement on school system
- Strong organisational and class management skills that promote student centered learning
- Participate as an active member of the MFL department and school community as a whole.
Education & Experience Required
- Master/PGCE/QTS or equivalent in the subject
- Previous experience teaching in a similar role
- Experience teaching year 12 + 13 ideal
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the Lycée International de Londres. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the Lycée.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.
Please visit and apply via our website.
Please note we do not yet have a licence to sponsor VISAs if you do not have the right to work in the UK.