Atlanta International School
Grade Two/Three Primary School Teacher (English) - Tentative
effective 1 August 2020
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at AIS are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. For this position, the teacher works with two classes on alternating days (aprox. 20 + 20 students), with a full time assistant. They also collaborate with the language immersion teachers to ensure the curriculum outcomes and strategies are shared purposefully, to facilitate student's transfer of skills. Innovative, inquiry-based, differentiated teaching is desired.
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Principal of Lower Primary
- Collaboratively plan lessons in all subject areas, in a trans-disciplinary manner: literacy, math, science, social studies, personal social education, etc…
- Differentiate by administering formative assessments that inform lesson planning so that each child is challenged in their zone of proximal development
- Develop relationships with students that support a restorative practices approach to classroom management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Training and experience in a Primary school setting
- Experience with and commitment to mixed age teaching
- An understanding of the principles of second language acquisition
- An unwavering commitment to the students
- An intercultural perspective and/or international teaching experience
- Successful experience in an inquiry/trans-disciplinary or IBPYP environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using 'Grade 2/3 Primary School Teacher (English)' as the subject heading.
28 February 2020
Tamara Rambus, Director of Human Resources