Changchun American International School
Head of EAL
effective 14 August 2019
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in English Education，Post Graduate Degree in TESOL or similar.
- Valid Teacher Certification
- Minimum ten years of outstanding teaching experience, (International experience is desired but not essential)
- Experience leading an EAL team
- Outstanding understanding of pedagogical practices linked to new educational technologies
- Ability to be a good team player with a good understanding of how team work contributes to school improvement
- Flexible to adapt to a new culture.
- Provide leadership and direction for the department and ensure that it is managed to meet the aims and objectives of the school and the EAL department
- The new role of the Head of EAL is to lead this growing team to develop and implement appropriate practices and policies to ensure the individual EAL needs of students are effectively addressed in the different school sections
- English support for Primary and Secondary students, including In-class support and Withdrawals
- English support for Secondary students through the After-school EAL support program
- English support for Secondary students through developing and leading the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program.
- Collaborate with the PYP and MYP Coordinators to develop and implement effective Policies and practices to support the needs of EAL students at CAIS
- Ensure the safety and welfare of the EAL students and resources
- Facilitate parent meetings, conferences and timely communication about the EAL programs
- Supporting, motivating and encouraging students in all aspects of school activities.
Please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
31 august 2019