European School Tbilisi
IB MYP Computer Science (Design) Teacher
effective 19 August 2019
To collaboratively plan, organize and implement an appropriate learning program in the context of an IBO World School serving a dynamic and diverse community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and directing educational process in accordance with the objectives and goals set forth in the curriculum; creating a safe and student-oriented learning environment under her/his competence;
- Creating syllabi, unit planners and rubrics for assessment; keeping students continually informed about the assessment criteria;
- Applying relevant educational program methods; selecting educational program methods based on students' age and individual characteristics, and providing them with necessary resources to direct the educational process;
- Monitoring the fulfillment of goals set forth in the educational program/syllabus and providing a timely response in case of a setback;
- Ensuring students' motivation and involvement; providing an immediate response in case of a problem/setback and informing the homeroom teacher, program coordinator, or any other relevant person;
- Creating final, diagnostic and other types of tests to assess students' knowledge; analyzing and reflecting on the results of the test, providing students with timely and constructive feedback and planning relevant activities; storing students' tests/work in accordance with the rules provided by the school;
- Planning and implementing educational and Personal Projects;
- Providing additional classes for students when necessary;
- Selecting and approving additional books and literature, and providing them to students in a timely manner, if necessary;
- Planning, conducting and applying extracurricular activities to support the course envisaged by the syllabus;
- Preparing relevant reports for parent-teacher conferences; attending parent-teacher conferences; if necessary, discussing each student's academic progress with parents;
- Updating electronic journal; uploading homework, providing daily reports about each student, taking attendance, providing grades and comments;
- Informing the Head of the Department about the direction and fulfillment of the curriculum;
- Active engagement in the activities of the Department; getting acquainted with innovative professional developments and adopting them;
- To work and collaborate with colleagues to enrich curriculum and student learning;
- Putting together comprehensive subject portfolios;
- Follow all School Academy policies, rules, and regulations.
- Fulfilling other tasks under her/his competence assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Design and customize project based learning that integrate creative problem solving skills.
- Identify, select and modify instructional methods and materials to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles and special needs.
- Assist in assessing changing curriculum needs and plans for improvement.
- Curriculum development knowledge is required
- Highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skill
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Good references on request
- Proficiency in using school databases, communications platforms, and educational technology
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Product and Digital Technology related subject area
- Master's degree in Education or relevant field is preferred
- At least 3 years experience of teaching Technology or Computer Science
- IB MYP/DP teaching experience is preferred
- International School teaching experience is preferred
- Project Management Experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IB Philosophy
- Knowledge of the IB methods and techniques
- Excellent command of English Language
Computer Knowledge and Skills
- Readiness for professional development
- Stress management
- Team skills
Level: Middle School
If you are interested in this vacancy and meet the criteria, please, submit your CV to following e-mail: email@example.com
Please include a letter of motivation with your CV, as one document.
31 January 2019