Atlanta International School
Physics Teacher, Secondary School
effective 1 August 2020
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at AIS are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. This is a full-time position teaching Middle and High School students in Physics.
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Head of Science
- Training in and the demonstrated ability to effectively teach the IB diploma physics program at higher level and be experienced in delivering MYP physics
- Interdisciplinary focus while also integrating innovative learning strategies and working with a diverse student population
- Possibility to apply for the Science Group Leader position
- Lead an advisory group (pastoral care) and have various supervisory duties throughout the week
- Active involvement in school-wide, divisional, and grade-level meetings, with the opportunity to engage fully and openly in a professional learning community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics or similar, and teaching certification
- A certified teaching qualification
- At least two years’ teaching experience
- Be comfortable teaching the subject using an inquiry based, laboratory centered approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work collaboratively with the school community including students, staff, and parents
- IBMYP and IBDP teaching experience is preferred, but good applicants with other curriculum experience are also welcome to apply.
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Physics Teacher’ as the subject heading.
We will contact those applicants whose skills and experience best match our needs. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we are not able to take or return phone calls regarding employment.
28 February 2020
Tamara Rambus, Director of Human Resources