Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill
Maths teacher (English native level)
effective 26 August 2019
About Lycée International de Londres
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school in Wembley, London offering two tracks: the French curriculum in a bilingual environment and the English International Programme (EIP). Our school is now also a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and the first cohort will be in 2019.
The school opened its doors in September 2015 and now welcomes 900 students from Year 1 to Year 13. Located in the splendid, historic and entirely renovated Brent Town Hall, the Lycée offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning tools where the art and happiness of learning and teaching rule.
Overview of role
A full time teaching role includes 20 hours/week contact time + 3 hours support to students/class cover.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Teach maths (in English) to Secondary school students
- Deliver instruction that supports the variability of learners
- Model, foster and create an environment where an innovative mindset is cultivated
- Collaborate and write your own schemes of work
- Use long and short range planning to ensure that the curriculum is met and aligned with school standards
- Use a variety of instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, hands-on/project-based activities to increase student learning and confidence to learn for all students
- Provide meaningful assignments and feedback to students
- Analyse student assessment results to help inform instruction
- Maintain contact with parents/guardians
- Maintain up to date records of student achievement on school system
- Strong organisational and class management skills that promote student centered learning
- Participate as an active member of the maths department and school community as a whole.
Education & Experience Required
- Masters or equivalent in the subject;
- Previous experience teaching in a similar role;
- Experience teaching year 12 + 13 ideal.
26 August 2019