Atlanta International School
Primary School Physical Education Teacher (French) - Tentative
effective 1 August 2020
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at AIS are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. The French PE teacher works with students from age 5-12 teaching in French, making trans-disciplinary connections where authentically possible. Each class has PE once every two days for a 45 min. period. Teachers usually teach 5 out of 7 classes per day.
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Head of Physical Education and Head of Primary School
- Teach groups of 14-22 students through a play based approach that develops physical education, sports and social/emotional skills.
- Design and implement lessons that challenge students of different abilities and learning styles to work confidently in their zone of proximal development and reflect on their own progress.
- Develop relationships with students that support a restorative practices approach to classroom management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- A strong Physical Education background.
- Training and experience in a Primary school setting.
- An understanding of the principles of second language acquisition.
- Speak French at a native speaker level.
- An unwavering commitment to the students.
- An intercultural perspective and/or international teaching experience
- Successful experience in an inquiry/trans-disciplinary or IBPYP environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments via email to email@example.com using 'Primary School French PE Teacher' as the subject heading.
28 February 2020
Tamara Rambus, Director of Human Resources