Atlanta International School
Primary School EAL Teacher (English as an Additional Language)
effective 1 August 2020
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
The EAL teacher works with students from Kindergarten - Gr. 5 in either a push-in or pull-out setting, depending on the student's needs.
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Head of Learning Support and Head of Primary School
The ESOL teacher is responsible for working with small groups of language learners, developing their communicative skills and pre-introducing vocabulary to help make the rest of the curriculum content comprehensible.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a focus on language acquisition
- Training and minimum 3 years experience as an EAL teacher
- An unwavering commitment to the students
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Master's degree preferred
- An international perspective and/or international teaching experience
- Training and commitment to teaching an EAL curriculum through an interdisciplinary focus
- The ability to differentiate for differing ability levels and learning styles
- Successful experience in an inquiry/trans-disciplinary or IBPYP environment
- Commitment to collaboration with class teachers to meet student needs
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments via email to email@example.com , using 'Primary School EAL teacher' as the subject heading.
28 February 2020
Tamara Rambus, Director of Human Resources