Atlanta International School
Psychology Teacher, Secondary School - Tentative
effective 1 August 2020
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
Teachers at Atlanta International School are innovators and leaders who have a passion for working with children in a multicultural community and are always seeking new ways to personalize learning. This is a full-time teaching position
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Group Leader - Individuals and Societies
- Teaching Middle and High school aged students; it will involve IB Diploma Psychology plus some MYP Individuals and Societies.
- An international perspective and/or international teaching experience
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology or Equivalent
- An unwavering commitment to the students
- The ability to differentiate for differing ability levels and learning styles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability, and desire, to work collaboratively with the school community including students, staff, and parents
- Experience with the Middle Years (MYP) and Diploma programs (DP) of the International Baccalaureate organization are preferred.
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments via email to email@example.com using 'Psychology Teacher' as the subject heading.
28 February 2020
Tamara Rambus, Director of Human Resources