Amsterdam International Community School
Primary Dutch Teacher
We have a job opportunity for an experienced Primary School Dutch teacher at our AICS Satellite location to teach Dutch Language Acquisition and Dutch Culture for approximately 0,8 fte (four days per week, not on Wednesday). Pay scale L10 (min. €2563,- max. €3910,- full-time per month, before tax).
About the AICS
The AICS is the only Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in Amsterdam. Together with a number of other schools we form the ‘Esprit Scholen’. The AICS is subsidised by the Dutch government, which enables us to deliver high quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a school for international education that is accredited by the Council of International Schools and focuses on children from international backgrounds. Currently the school offers primary education to students aged 4 – 10 and secondary education to students aged 11 – 19. The main language of instruction for classes is English. After several moves since the start of the school in 2003, the AICS is now located in three buildings: Main (primary and secondary, over 1000 students), Satellite (primary only, nearly 200 students) and South East (primary and secondary, over 220 students).
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- an innovative and creative teacher with an understanding of inquiry-based learning;
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team;
- flexible and open to new ideas;
- fluent in spoken and written Dutch;
- stimulating the students to learn how to learn;
- gearing your teaching towards students with many different social, emotional and educational needs and coming from different cultural backgrounds and countries.
You need to have:
- a commitment to the school’s mission to provide community-based international learning;
- a valid and relevant Primary or Secondary (subject: Dutch) school teaching qualification;
- at least five years primary school teaching experience;
- or: specialist experience of teaching Dutch as second language;
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability and initiative to help create and implement school policy;
- excellent communication skills and ability to function well within a team.
Primary/ Elementary School
For more information, please visit our website:http://www.werkenbijespritscholen.nl/en/Vacancy/Details/140930/primary-dutch-teacher-aics.html
Applications must be submitted before the 27th of September 2019.
Please be informed that AICS reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
27 September 2019