Amsterdam International Community School
Primary School Class Teacher
effective 1 August 2020
Due to the continued growth of our school, we have job opportunities for an experienced Primary School Class teacher at one or more of our AICS campuses. Pay scale L10 (min. €2678,- max. €4113, full-time per month, before tax).
Starting date: August 2020
About the AICS
The AICS is the only Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in Amsterdam. Together with a number of other schools we form the 'Esprit Scholen'. The AICS is subsidised by the Dutch government, which enables us to deliver high quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a school for international education that is accredited by the Council of International Schools and focuses on children from international backgrounds. Currently the school offers primary education to students aged 4 – 10 and secondary education to students aged 11 – 19. The main language of instruction for classes is English. After several moves since the start of the school in 2003, the AICS is now located in three buildings: Main (primary and secondary, over 1100 students), Satellite (primary only, around 200 students) and South East (primary and secondary, over 300 students).
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- an innovative and creative teacher with an understanding of inquiry-based learning;
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team;
- flexible and open to new ideas;
- fluent in spoken and written English;
- stimulating the students to learn how to learn;
- gearing your teaching towards students with many different social, emotional and educational needs and coming from different cultural backgrounds and countries.
You need to have:
- a commitment to the school's mission to provide community-based international learning;
- a valid and relevant Primary teaching qualification;
- at least five years primary school teaching experience;
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability and initiative to help create and implement school policy;
- excellent communication skills and ability to function well within a team.
Applications must be submitted before the 5th of May 2020.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
For more information, please visit our website: www.aics.espritscholen.nl
5 May 2020