Atlanta International School
Primary School English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Teacher
effective 1 August 2019
Applications are invited from dedicated and enthusiastic, professional educators for the position of ESOL teacher. Atlanta International School delivers the International Baccalaureate-PYP curriculum through a dual language immersion program in the Primary School.
The ESOL teacher works with students from Kindergarten-Gr. 5 in either a push in or pull out setting, depending on the level of the students. The ESOL teacher is responsible for working with small groups of language learners, developing their basic communicative skills and pre-introducing vocabulary to help make the rest of the curriculum content comprehensible.
The school is a vibrant learning community and the nature of the program makes specific demands of our Faculty. The successful teacher candidate will have:
- A teaching credential with a focus on language acquisition
- Minimum three years teaching ESOL in primary school
- Training and commitment to teaching an ESOL curriculum through an interdisciplinary focus, using innovative learning strategies, to a diverse student population.
- Familiarity with using differentiated instructional methods in mixed grade level/ability classes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work collaboratively with the school community, including providing professional development to other teachers.
Experience with the Primary Years Program (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate is preferred, but good applicants with other curriculum experience are also welcome to apply.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume. Please type "ESOL Teacher" into your subject line.
31 January 2019
Kristen Breedlove, Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org