Atlanta International School
Primary School German Teacher
effective 1 August 2019
Applications are invited from dedicated and enthusiastic, professional educators for the position of Primary School teacher in the German program for the 2019-2020 school year.
Atlanta International is an International Baccalaureate-PYP school with a dual language immersion program in the Primary School. The German teacher works with two classes, on alternating days, in a co-teaching setting. The German teacher is responsible for teaching all subject areas: literacy, math, science, social studies etc…
The school is a vibrant learning community and the nature of the program makes specific demands of our Faculty. The successful Teacher Candidate will have:
● Training and experience in a Primary School setting
● A strong literacy background
● Must be a native German speaker
● An international perspective and/or international teaching experience
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent
● An unwavering commitment to the students
● The ability to differentiate for differing ability levels and learning styles
● An understanding of the principles of second language acquisition
● Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability, and desire, to work collaboratively co-teachers as well as with the greater school community including students, staff, and parents
IBPYP teaching experience is preferred, but good applicants with other curriculum experience are also welcome to apply.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume. Please type "Primary School German teacher" into your subject line.
31 January 2019
Kristen Breedlove, Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org