Amsterdam International Community School
Primary School Teacher
effective August 2020
We invite expressions of interest from Primary school teachers, already living in or relocating to the Amsterdam region.
Pay scale L10 or LB (L10: min. €2563,- max. €3910,- LB: min. €2747,- max. €4186,-full-time per month, before tax).
About the AICS
The AICS is the only Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in Amsterdam. Together with a number of other schools we form the ‘Esprit Scholengroep’. The AICS is subsidised by the Dutch government, which enables us to deliver high quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a school for international education that is accredited by the Council of International Schools and focuses on children from international backgrounds. Currently the school offers primary education to students aged 4 – 10 and secondary education to students aged 11 – 19. The main language of instruction for classes is English. After several moves since the start of the school in 2003, the AICS is now located at three campuses: Main (primary and secondary), Satellite (primary only) and South East (primary and secondary).
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- a fully-qualified, experienced and innovative teacher;
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team;
- flexible and open to new ideas;
- fluent in spoken and written English;
- able to stimulate students to learn how to learn;
- able to gear your teaching towards students with many different social, emotional and educational needs and coming from different cultural backgrounds and countries;
- living in or relocating to the Amsterdam region;
- able to provide full contact details of at least two professional referees, including your current or most recent workplace.
You need to have:
- a commitment to the school’s mission to provide community-based international learning;
- a valid and relevant professional qualification as a teacher with DUO accreditation;
- relocated, or have planned to relocate to the Amsterdam region;
- experience and/or an enthusiasm to use IB programmes;
- excellent knowledge and experience of working with different teachers, students, parents and collections;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability and initiative to help create and implement school (library) policy;
- excellent communication skills and ability to function well within a team.
For more information, please visit our website:
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
31 July, 2020