Atlanta International School
Primary School Teacher (French)
effective 1 August 2019
Applications are invited from dedicated and enthusiastic, professional educators for the position of Primary School teacher in the French program for the 2019-2020 school year. Atlanta International School delivers the International Baccalaureate-PYP curriculum through a dual language immersion program in the Primary School.
The French teacher works with two classes on alternating days, in a co-teaching setting. They also collaborate with the English teachers to ensure the curriculum outcomes and strategies are shared purposefully, to facilitate student's transfer of skills. The French teacher is responsible for teaching all subject areas in French: literacy, math, science, social studies etc… Innovative, inquiry-based, differentiated, transdisciplinary teaching is desired.
The school is a vibrant learning community and the nature of the program makes specific demands of our Faculty. The successful Teacher Candidate will have:
● Training and experience in a Primary School setting
● A strong literacy background
● Must be a native French speaker
● An international perspective and/or international teaching experience
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent
● An unwavering commitment to the students
● The ability to differentiate for differing ability levels and learning styles
● An understanding of the principles of second language acquisition
● Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability, and desire, to work collaboratively with co-teachers as well as with the greater school community including students, staff, and parents
IBPYP teaching experience is preferred, but good applicants with other curriculum experience are also welcome to apply.
Applications should include cover letter and resume. Please type "Secondary English Teacher" into the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please.
30 April 2019
Kristen Breedlove, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com