Atlanta International School
Primary School Teaching Assistant (English)
effective 1 August 2019
Applications are invited from dedicated and enthusiastic, professional educators for the position of Primary Teaching Assistant (English) for the 2019-2020 school year. Atlanta International School delivers the International Baccalaureate-PYP curriculum through a dual language immersion program in the Primary School.
The teaching assistant works under the direction of a lead teacher to meet the needs of the students. Duties include working with small groups, helping with classroom management, taking over the class if the teacher is out of the room, preparing materials and supervision duties (recess, lunch, etc…) among other things. In general, teachers will prepare a plan and ask the assistant to carry it out, but assistants can also be proactive in planning small group activities to meet goals defined by the teacher.
The school is a vibrant learning community and the nature of the program makes specific demands of our Faculty. The successful Teacher Candidate will have:
- Training and experience in a Primary School setting.
- A strong literacy background.
- Must be a native English speaker.
- An international perspective and/or international teaching experience.
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent.
- An unwavering commitment to the students.
- The ability to differentiate for differing ability levels and learning styles.
- An understanding of the principles of second language acquisition.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability, and desire, to work collaboratively with lead teachers as well as with the greater school community including students, staff, and parents
IBPYP teaching experience is preferred, but good applicants with other curriculum experience are also welcome to apply.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume. Please type "Primary School teaching Assistant (English)" into your subject line.
31 January 2019
Kristen Breedlove, Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org