International College Spain
Secondary Humanities Teacher
effective August 2019
International College Spain is an IB World school, serving the international community of Madrid and local families who are looking for a progressive, international education in English for their children. We were the first school in Spain to introduce all three of the International Baccalaureate programmes, using English.
Our school is located in a select residential suburb very close to the city of Madrid, with excellent communication and transport links.
Members of the teaching staff come from more than 25 different nations.
ICS is part of Nord Anglia Education, a leading provider of premium international education. By joining us, you will join a global family of 54 schools worldwide.
Nord Anglia Education has an excellent commitment to continuing professional development (CPD). The Nord Anglia University initiative is our flagship CPD programme for teacher training and raising standards across all Nord Anglia Education schools by fostering global collaboration and development opportunities.
- QTS/PGCE, or equivalent teaching qualification
- Experience of A Level, AP, IB MYP or IB DP, at least 2 years’ experience in DP Economics and preferably DP Global Politics
- Bachelor’s degree in Humanities´ related subject
- Evidence of personal commitment to continuing professional development.
Experience / Knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of working with IB curricula
- Experience of working in an international setting (Desirable)
- Detailed knowledge of subject areas
- The ability to adapt personal teaching style to suit a student body coming from different educational systems and cultures
- Ability to set clear and appropriate targets, feedback to students and make use of assessment information to promote each student´s attainment and progress, and to plan future lessons
- A willingness to undergo training in an area of the school’s co-curricular programme and gain knowledge, experience and qualifications (Desirable)
- Contribution to the teaching of Theory of Knowledge course (Desirable)
- Experience in full time teaching 11-16 year olds in schools
- Experience in full time teaching 17-18 year olds in schools (Desirable).
- The ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences
- A demonstrable ability to successfully create, motivate and inspire students.
- Internationally minded with a demonstrable passion for and deep understanding of the ICS mission and the identity of the school, including the ability to clearly and positively communicate the ethos and ideals of the school in theory and practice
- Passionate about teaching and learning
- High levels of personal integrity
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Willingness to take on multiple tasks
- Proactive and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work independently, under own initiative and as part of team
- Continually strive for improvement
- Hold a current Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure or equivalent for countries lived in outside of the UK.
- Compliance with visa requirements for working in Spain.
Application sent to HR Manager Jayne Roumian at email@example.com
17 May 2019
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Taskforce on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.