Lusaka International Community School
Secondary Student Support Services (Learning Support) Teacher
effective August 2019
Lusaka International Community School, (LICS), is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia.
LICS is a member of CIS, AISA and ISAZ and is the largest international school in the region.
The school is in an exciting phase of facility and curriculum development and will offer the incumbent an enriching and enjoyable sense of professional fulfillment. For more information about Zambia, please visit, https://www.zambiatourism.com/
We seek to appoint a Secondary Student Support Services (Learning Support) Teacher with effect 1 August 2019.
LICS offers an attractive remuneration package paid in US$. A tax free gratuity is paid upon successful completion of each contract. Fully furnished modern accommodation and monthly utility expenses are covered by the school. Exceptional Medical Insurance is offered along with a range of other benefits such as generous and meaningful professional development, settling in allowances, baggage allowances, etc.
- Possess a minimum of Bachelor’s degree with QTS.
- Knowledge of a range of SEN (including MLD, ASD, SLCN and SpLD) and its impact on the learning of children and young people
- Understanding of the most effective teaching methods and strategies to meet the identified needs of pupils with SEN
- Experience of teaching pupils with a range of special educational needs
- Experience of setting outcomes and monitoring, evaluating and recording progress
- Experience of delivering whole school training on SEN related topics
- Knowledge and understanding to support ESL children
- Registration with a Teachers’ Accreditation / Registration Body.
- Be a dynamic, driven person with a desire for educational excellence.
- Be willing to be part of a successful team at a school with a well-established academic record.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Potential employees will be subject to full security vetting.
Please submit your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Ongoing until filled
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Taskforce on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.