Atlanta International School
Upper Primary Classroom Assistant (English)
effective 1 August 2020
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Atlanta International School (AIS) is a preschool to grade 12 private, non-profit school with language immersion and International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Our mission is simple - To develop courageous leaders who shape their world for the better. The core values that drive our school are:
- The joy of learning and purposeful effort.
- Mutual respect and understanding in an intentionally inclusive and intercultural community.
The teaching assistant works under the direction of a lead teacher to meet the needs of the students. In general, teachers will prepare a plan and ask the assistant to carry it out, but assistants can also be proactive in planning small group activities to meet goals defined by the teacher. If the students are in the class, the assistant should be engaged with the students.
START DATE: August 2020
REPORTS TO: Upper Primary School Principal
Lead small groups of students or circulate through the learning environment assisting students.
Help with classroom management, taking over the class if the teacher is out of the room.
Carry out supervision duties (recess, lunch, etc…) and support with the preparation of classroom materials.
Collaborate closely with lead teacher(s) to create a seamless experience for the students.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Training and experience in a primary school setting
- English at a native speaker level
- An unwavering commitment to the students
- An intercultural perspective and/or international teaching experience
- The ability to differentiate for differing ability levels and learning styles
- An understanding of the principles of second language acquisition
- Successful experience in an inquiry/trans-disciplinary or IBPYP environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
Atlanta International School is deeply committed to diversity among our staff and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please send a resume and cover letter as attachments via email to email@example.com , using 'Upper Primary Classroom Assistant' as the subject heading.
28 February 2020
Tamara Rambus, Director of Human Resources