Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill
effective 01 September 2019
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school in Wembley, London offering two tracks: the French curriculum in a bilingual environment and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme following on from the English International Programme (EIP).
The school opened its doors in September 2015 and now welcomes 900 students from Year 1 to Year 13. Located in the splendid, historic and entirely renovated Brent Town Hall, the Lycée offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning tools where the art and happiness of learning and teaching rule.
Overview of role
This is a part time role (14 hours/week) to be taught by a native-level English speaker.
A Full time teaching role is 20 hours/week contact time + 3 hours support to students/class cover.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Teach STEAM to secondary students/collège and Lycée students in English. There should be a focus on Physics, Chemistry and DT
- Deliver instruction that supports the variability of learners
- Model, foster and create an environment where an innovative mindset is cultivated
- Follow the schemes of work provided
- Use long and short range planning to ensure that the curriculum is met and aligned with school standards
- Use a variety of instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, hands-on/project-based activities to increase student learning and confidence to learn for all students
- Provide meaningful assignments and feedback to students
- Analyse student assessment results to help inform instruction
- Maintain contact with parents/guardians
- Maintain up to date records of student achievement on school system
- Strong organisational and class management skills that promote student centered learning
- Participate as an active member of the Science department and school community as a whole
What we offer
- Free loan of iPad
- Free 3 course lunch
- Fantastic work spaces and ressources
- Amazingly talented team
- National and international professional development opportunities
- Up to 85% tuition remission for children
- National and international travel when chaperoning trips
- Perkbox account paid for by the school
- Childcare and cycle to work scheme vouchers
- Free hot drinks and fruit throughout the day
Education & Experience Required
- Native-level English
- Masters or equivalent in the subject ideal.
- At least 3 years previous experience teaching in a similar role, preferably in an international environment.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the Lycée International de Londres. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the Lycée.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.
Please visit and apply via our website.
Please note we do not yet have a licence to sponsor VISAs if you do not have the right to work in the UK.