Amsterdam International Community School
effective 1 August 2019
We have a job opportunity for an experienced Teacher Librarian to lead a team of assistants and to aid and extend the teaching and learning in all of our International Baccalaureate Programmes for 1,0 fte.
Pay scale LB (min. €2662,- max. €4071,- full-time per month, before tax).
Starting date: 1 August 2019
About the AICS
The AICS is the first Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in Amsterdam. Together with a number of other schools we form the ‘Esprit Scholengroep’. The AICS is subsidised by the Dutch government, which enables us to deliver high quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a school for international education that is accredited by the Council of International Schools and focuses on children from international backgrounds. Currently the school offers primary education to students aged 4 – 10 and secondary education to students aged 11 – 19. The main language of instruction for classes is English. After several moves since the start of the school in 2003, the AICS is now located in three buildings: Main (primary and secondary, about 1100 students), Satellite (primary only, about 200 students) and South East (primary and secondary, about 125 students).
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- an innovative and creative teacher librarian with an understanding how to manage and support people becoming better inquirers, consumers and creators of information;
- able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team;
- flexible and open to new ideas;
- fluent in spoken and written English;
- stimulating the students to learn how to learn;
- gearing your teaching towards students with many different social, emotional and educational needs and coming from different cultural backgrounds and countries.
You need to have:
- a commitment to the school’s mission to provide community-based international learning;
- a valid and relevant professional qualification as a librarian and/or a teacher;
- at least five years’ school library experience;
- specialist experience and/or an enthusiasm to use IB programmes;
- excellent knowledge and experience of working with different teachers, students, parents and collections;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability and initiative to help create and implement school (library) policy;
- excellent communication skills and ability to function well within a team
Applications must be submitted before the 28th of June 2019.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
For more information, please visit http://www.werkenbijespritscholen.nl/nl/Vacature/Details/132200/teacher-librarian-aics.html
28 June 2019