Institut Auf Dem Rosenberg
University Admissions Counsellor
effective 1 August 2019
We are looking for a qualified, experienced and approachable international university admissions counsellor to join a growing team at Institut auf dem Rosenberg. A successful candidate will demonstrate extensive knowledge of university admissions requirements, to help students apply for competitive universities worldwide, and an excellent track record of acceptances.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who:
- Have international school experience as a university counsellor
- Have experience in coaching students and planning individualised course programmes for students with a range of abilities in speaking English.
- At least 2 years of experience is expected
- Candidates must have impeccable written and spoken English as well as understanding cultural context and its interpretation
- Candidates must have a deep understanding of and interest in cultural diversity
- Have the ability to work with mixed age groups of students
- Are flexible, open minded, independent and keen to develop their skills further
- Have a meticulous attention to detail and professional organisation skills
- Have a proactive and reliable approach towards deadlines.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to students from all over the world. The school offers UK (I)GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations and has recently received authorisation for the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The school also operates the Rosenberg School of Talent & Enrichment where students can access first class co-curricular and sports programmes. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
- A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school
- A truly international environment with outstanding facilities
- Colleagues committed to excellence
- An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan to maximise his or her potential
- Attractive remuneration package and optional accommodation.
Candidates should supply a CV, a brief letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of two referees. Please also include:
- an example of a school reference you have written yourself for a student applying through UCAS
- an example of a school reference you have written for a student applying to a competitive American university.
Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.
Please email email@example.com, stating "University Admissions Counsellor" in the subject-line.
28 June 2019