Is this position a good fit for you? The International School in Genoa has contracted CIS to manage applications for this position. We have worked closely with the school to learn what they need and are ready to share our expertise with you. Apply for this position through CIS so we can represent you, your skills and experience to the school.
The International School in Genoa
IB Diploma Program Coordinator
effective September 2019
Are you an experienced educator who is passionate about supporting the needs of the individual to help all students reach their full potential? Do you have strong leadership skills and an inclusive, collaborative approach to working with teams? Are you a positive, sociable individual with a sense of humor? If so, The International School in Genoa invites you to apply to join their supportive and welcoming school community.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The IB Diploma Program Coordinator serves as the leader of the IB DP program in the secondary division and is responsible for the total operation of that program. The IB DP Coordinator shall provide leadership, administrative and supervisory skills for the educational development of students and staff, as well as to promote appropriate parent and community awareness.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The IB Diploma Program Coordinator directly supervises the IB DP Program and is a member of the Leadership Team.
The Diploma Coordinator reports directly to the Secondary Principal and the Director
SKILLS, QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Genuine interest in learning and children
- Possess qualities in shared decision making skills in order to be effective member of the Leadership Team
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with school stakeholders
- Good attention to detail
- Personal qualities associated with good human relations and interpersonal relations
- Ability to lead staff toward instructional improvement and conduct training sessions
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and professionalism
- Experience in implementing the principles and current trends in education, curriculum, IB DP program, staff development, essential elements of instruction, and supervision
- At least ﬁve years of relevant IB DP leadership and teaching experience
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Bachelor’s degree is required with qualified teacher status
- A Master’s Degree is desirable with specialization in education, administration, or related ﬁelds.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and supervise all activities and programs related to the IB DP Program
- Contribute to school-wide leadership and planning as part of the Leadership Team
- Coordinate work with the Director of Teaching and Learning and other members of the Leadership Team
- Other duties as assigned by the Secondary Principal or Head of School
- Ensure that students following the IB Diploma Program are challenged and feel successful at their individual learning level
- Create an individual learning profile for students working in grades 11 and 12
- Ensure that students are meeting their deadlines
- Support creating a positive environment where students are able to learn.
IB DP PROGRAM SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the copies of the IB publications pertaining to their sections of the school are available and give to all staff members
- Establish and maintain a record of completed planning documents
- Ensure that essential agreements are formulated for assessment in line with the school’s assessment policy
- Participation in the formulation of the school’s strategic development plan
- Lead the process of development and review of reporting documentation in the DP years
- Participate as an active member in the school’s curriculum and assessment committees
- Work with the Principal and academic committees to ensure that the scope and sequence documents are consistent with the IB philosophy, support the program of enquiry and are practical documents which support an inquiry-based, concept driven approach to learning
- Establish and regularly review guidelines for the implementation of TOK, CAS and the Extended Essay across the subject areas.
- Work with the Principal and Director to ensure that adequate professional development opportunities are provided for teachers and administration, both on and off campus, and that they are made aware of these opportunities
- Lead and engage in regular PD
- Plan and deliver workshops for staff on aspects of the DP as part of the school’s overall professional development plan
- Plan and deliver workshops for new teachers as they arrive at the school
- Keep a record of workshops and school visits
- Participate in planning teams across the DP years to model the process of team planning and assist teams in developing units of work
- Provide guidance for planning teams to ensure that units of inquiry have an international focus and a focus on language development.
- Make recommendations for suitable resources to support the program
- Establish an inventory of resources
- Identify local people and resources that can be used to support the program
- Ensure that there are resources for the program, which cater to the needs of second language learners and the various cultural backgrounds of the students in the school.
- Set up systems for regular dialogue among teachers about all aspects of teaching and learning in the school
- Ensure that the fundamentals of the DP remain in constant focus in all work within the DP year’s section of the school
- Set up systems for communication and collaboration among all staff members involved in implementing the program
- Conduct parent information sessions
- Publish articles relating to the program to the community
- Circulate all relevant information received from the IB
- Prepare and submit any documentation required for evaluation
- Ensure that all requirements and procedures set by the IB concerning the program are adhered to
- Respond to requests for information from the IB
- Act as a liaison between the school and the IB
- Provide outreach to the wider community of learners through such media as the OCC discussion forum, email contacts with colleagues and school visits
- Liaise with the Principal and administration team to facilitate consistency in curriculum and reporting practices and documentation across the school
- Work with the administration team to maintain an ongoing focus on the learner proﬁle.
If you are interested in this vacancy and meet the criteria:
Please include a letter of motivation and your CV.
If the school receives an outstanding application, the Selection Committee reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received.
7 March 2019
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Taskforce on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a higher standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.