Morgan International Community School
Head of School
effective August 2019
The role falls under Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and is hereby classified as level1. The position covers areas such as; academic, regulations, affiliates, competitors, human resources, finance, operations, students, parents and guardians as well as the general public to whom we serve.
As per the organisational structure, the Head of School reports directly to the MICS Board of Directors in all affairs and in addition liaises with the Technical Director who is also the founder to ensure an effective and efficient running of the school.
The Head of School is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school, its staff and administration; curriculum and academic achievement of all students; the welfare, advancement and safety of all students, teachers, staff and administration; business and financial health of the institution and the organisational development of the school.
Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Education, Administration or other related discipline. Experience in teaching position should not be less than ten (10) years out of which at least five (5) years must be in senior leadership position. An IB experience is critical in the management of the school.
Gender: Either Male or Female
Age: Non-Discriminatory but must be fit for the purpose of the job. (Devotion of time and energy to the day to day running of the school is paramount).
Areas of Expertise
The Applicant leadership capacity must fall under strategic planning and management, effective coordination as well as excellent reporting and communication skills, among others. For Example;
- Must have worked in a secondary school and in an International General Certificate in Secondary Education (IGCSE) and International Baccalaureate (IB) world school or understand and experience similar educational programmes/ best practices.
- Ability to understand and analyse basic financial data (e.g. budgets, cash flows, balance sheets, bank reconciliation etc.)
- A good understanding of a business plan and how to write a basic strategic plan, will be an advantage.
- Must have appreciation and exposure for human resource management, procedures, systems and practices.
- Must be willing to study and understand the Sixty-Nine page Labour Act, 2003(Act 651) of the Republic of Ghana within the period of the six months’ probation for the two-year contractual period.
- Must possess quality of residential experience in boarding house.
- Previous work experience in Africa will be advantageous but not a strict requirement.
- The prospective candidate must have headed a school for not less than three years with a total enrollment of not less than 150 students.
- Ability to undertake academic activities (e.g. teaching and learning activities).
- Ability to manage the day to day affairs of the school while strategically planning to grow the school efficiently and effectively.
- Must possess dynamic character.
- Must be tolerant in his /her dealings with students, staff, parents and guardians as well as other external members.
- Must have a high level of inter-personal relationship.
- Must be a servant-leader.
- Must be patient and able to adjust to unexpected situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and at the same time meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with less supervision.
- Must possess profit-driven mindedness and ambition in the discharge of his/her duties.
- Must have traits of marketing experiences or interest to partake and encourage his/ her team to grow the student number.
Salary and Benefits
Morgan International Community School invites applications from qualified candidates who are willing to share the school’s vision, mission and unique opportunities with us. Compensation will be highly depending on experience and quality of the Applicant leadership.
The new Head of School of Morgan International Community School will assume responsibility on August 1, 2019.
- A letter of application, no longer than two pages, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in the Head of School position at MICS.
- A current résumé not to exceed two pages.
- A one-page statement outlining educational philosophy and leadership style.
- A one-page list of references with phone numbers and email addresses.
- A maximum of four letters of reference, which may already be in your possession.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time but no later than 31 April 2019