Yew Chung International School of Hong Kong
Hong Kong (SAR) China
effective August 2019
The Yew Chung International Schools (YCIS) and Yew Wah International Education Schools (YWIES) share the same illustrious history, which began in 1932 when the first school was established in Hong Kong. Founded on the principles and values of Christianity, and with the vision to contribute to the nation by empowering the next generation of Chinese youth, we have since grown into an extensive network of high quality schools across various cities in Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Silicon Valley, offering a global education to over 9,000 students from Early Childhood through High School. The YCIS schools in Mainland China cater exclusively to expatriate students, whereas the YWIES schools are designed for Chinese nationals.
Our aim is to nurture students in a caring and supportive environment through high quality academic and co-curricular programmes, infused with the best of "East and West" cultures, to prepare students as successful learners, confident individuals, responsible global citizens, and caring contributors equipped with skills and competencies required for the 21st Century.
Each YCIS or YWIES school is led by a Western and a Chinese Co-Principal, plus a Business Manager, and together they form the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) at each site. The SLT is accountable to its School Governing Board and is supported by a joint YCIS and YWIES Executive Board via a Regional Director, who has responsibilities across groups of YCIS and YWIES schools. The Executive Board includes various Corporate Heads whose remit is to set-up, improve and monitor organisation-wide systems, training, policies and guidelines for schools.
The Regional Directors report to Chief Executive Officer, who leads the Executive Board,, and we now invite qualified applications for these positions based in Hong Kong.
The Regional Director is responsible for leading designated site-based SLTs in all areas of school operations, academic and supporting services, in a manner exemplifying the spirit of the YCIS and YWIES Philosophy and Mission. The Regional Director should therefore provide both educational and management leadership to the SLT and other locally based staff as appropriate, ensuring high quality educational experiences and outcomes for the students of YCIS and YWIES. the Regional Director is accountable to the Executive Board for the safe and high-quality operation of each School as a centre of teaching and learning excellence.
Leadership Domains and Capabilities
The Regional Director will display personal and professional characteristics congruent with our organization's Christian ethos and history. He/She will demonstrate prior experience and competency in working within international settings, and a sensitivity to local customs and cultures.
The Regional Director will demonstrate high level proficiencies in the following five domains of educational leadership.
- Technical Leadership | Demonstrate capacity to effectively optimise financial, physical and human resources through sound management practices and organisational systems and processes that contribute to the implementation of designated schools' strategic plans.
- Human Leadership | The ability to foster a safe, purposeful, accountable, caring, harmonious, respectful and inclusive work environment, and the capacity to develop constructive and respectful relationships with SLT, staff, students, parents and other stakeholders. Makes and communicates informed decisions. Manages crises and challenging situations effectively.
- Educational Leadership | Demonstrates capacity to lead, manage and monitor school improvement and planning processes through a current and critical understanding of the learning process and its implications for enhancing high quality learning and teaching across the school. Uses data as the basis for 'intentional conversations' focused on teaching practice and enhanced student learning and achievement.
- Symbolic Leadership | Demonstrates capacity to model important values and behaviours to schools and their communities, including a commitment to creating and sustaining effective professional learning communities. To ensure effective personnel practices that contributes to retention, an ethos of innovation, collaboration and a strong work ethic. To model collaborative leadership in partnership with SLT.
- Cultural Leadership | A well-developed sense of school effectiveness, commitment to international mindedness and a demonstrated capacity to work with each school community in promoting a vision of the future in harmony with the values and cultural norms of the host country and communities they serve.
- Master Degree, preferably in Educational Leadership or Administration;
- Successful leadership in a school or educational institution within an international context;
- Supportive of the organisation's Vision and Mission;
- Exemplary leadership and interpersonal skills
- High level experience in management of finances, human resources, infrastructure and overall school administration
Benefits: A competitive salary, annual airfare, housing, medical insurance, gratuity, and professional development are provided.
Interested candidates please email your application letter and detailed C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can also complete the online registration and application on jobs.ycis-schools.com. Once you are registered, you can apply for other online jobs that are posted. Registration is free.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.
28 February 2019