Global citizenship is the centre of everything we do at CIS to support our members.
We are committed to delivering meaningful, high-quality services with a focus on personalised support.
Schools join CIS to enhance their community using the following services:
- International Accreditation to drive a school’s commitment to continuous improvement and global citizenship
- Global Citizenship Certification to evaluate all aspects of the school’s educational strategies to discover new ways to live their mission and develop interculturally
- Career & Recruitment Services to find high-quality educators and leaders ready to become a part of the school community
- Professional learning events that connect students, counsellors and schools with CIS higher education members
- Access to the CIS KnowledgeBase including data reports and resources on international education
- A network of screened Affiliated Consultant Network to provide project-based support to accomplish school improvement goals
- Voting rights and eligibility for election to the CIS Board of Trustees and the opportunity to help shape the future of the organization
- A school profile in the online CIS Membership Directory shared with parents, students and educators looking for high quality schools
- Annual opportunity to nominate students for CIS International Student Award
We place a high priority on sharing data within our community so schools learn from each other. By building a knowledgebase through the delivery of services such as school accreditation, career and recruitment services, and higher education services, we analyse and share data that validates or disproves assumptions, indicates trends, and demonstrates effective and innovative practices.
Apply for membership
To become a CIS member, your school must:
- meet the core CIS school membership standards;
- follow the CIS Code of Ethics;
- be operational at the time of application;
- provide a sequential course of study leading to full primary/elementary and/or secondary education;
- apply as a whole school (not a section of the school such as the International Section or only the primary or secondary school);
- clearly demonstrate a commitment to the development of global citizenship in its students; and
- are already accredited by an approved agency or willing to undertake an external school improvement process with CIS.
The school membership application process involves several stages.
Stage 1 - Submit basic information about your school.
Stage 2 - Submit documentation to demonstrate that your school follows the CIS Code of Ethics and provides international education programmes.
Membership Evaluation - You evaluate your school in relation to CIS membership standards. CIS staff review your documentation and visit your school to assess your practices.
Note: A new membership application was released on 8 October 2018, if you started the former application and need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.