Content Marketing Specialist
Effective February 2019
The Council of International Schools (CIS)
The Council of International Schools (CIS) is a nonprofit membership organization providing services to schools and higher education institutions globally that share a commitment to high quality education, and a desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as global citizens.
CIS supports member schools to improve continuously, to access effective international educational practices, to gain recognition for accomplishments, to attract and select educational leaders and staff, to facilitate student connections with top universities around the world, and to provide a high quality international educational experience to globally-minded parents and students.
CIS BELIEFS AND VALUES
CIS serves a diverse learning community globally and believes it is important to embrace and incorporate diverse perspective within its team. CIS values and fosters generative dialogue as an essential aspect of leadership, holistically establishing and refining objectives. CIS holds high standards of leadership in order to attract, retain and develop high quality staff, as it believes that its success is dependent on the capabilities and commitment of its people.
CIS believes that compensation must be competitive within the markets and areas in which it operates, based upon individual performance, and fairly measured against well-defined objectives. CIS will promote from within, whenever possible and practical, and will delegate responsibility to build a strong organization.
The Content Marketing Specialist is based at the CIS office in Leiden, the Netherlands. S/he influences the overall success of CIS, working collaboratively with the Director of Membership Strategy & Communications and other members of the global team in the organisation-wide creation of marketing content to support our programmes and services. The Content Marketing Specialist is responsible to the Director of Membership & Communications for overall results.
This position is for a storyteller who will create new content for all marketing and communications programmes including lead generation campaigns; email marketing; brochures, internal and external newsletters, our blog and more. In addition to creating your own content, you will work with our staff and members to write materials that share our organizational stories and results.
In this role you will think creatively about what content is needed to achieve our goals, work with our internal teams to develop a content calendar; and write stories that can be used in our marketing and communications programmes. You will work with the marketing team to develop content for new content, taking complex information and creating simple stories for our audiences. The audience for your work will be educators and professionals from many cultures in many parts of the world.
- Create print and online content for CIS marketing and communications programmes including brochures, email blasts, lead generation programmes, our organisational blog, case studies, internal and external newsletters, and more.
- Be our organisational storyteller. Solicit ideas from colleagues, interview staff and members, write and edit final stories. Develop stories that support the CIS mission and organisational objectives.
- Create customized and consumable messages for unique audiences.
- Support marketing programmes with new resources that can be used for call-to-actions in our lead generation and branding programmes.
- Manage CIS Perspectives, our organisational blog, where we share stories from our members and our global team to promote our work to a global audience.
- Write content for lead generation programmes to drive action. Develop call-to-actions such as data sheets and case studies to use with our programmes.
- Provide internal copywriting support within the organisation.
- Support social media campaigns with content to promote engagement with our global audiences while promoting our work.
- Manage the organizational testimonial programme, a collection of member quotes, case studies and stories. Define organisational needs, support outreach programmes including interviewing members, writing stories and capturing videos to create testimonials. Manage the database of testimonials for use in communications programmes and be the main point of contact across the organization for member stories.
- Participate in various cross-organisational project teams to support the achievement of strategies and objectives.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or vocational degree in a relevant professional or educational field.
- 3-6 years of professional experience in a marketing or communications role focused on content and writing for a global organisation is required; experience working within the field of education is preferred.
- Well-developed and demonstrated spoken and written English skills. The ability to write expressively and persuasively in English is critical.
- Experience as a business storyteller, developing stories to achieve goals.
- Understanding of story structure, and the use of storytelling in education across cultures and geographies.
- Experience distilling complex concepts into easily consumable member-facing content.
- Proven ability as a copywriter to write marketing copy for different audiences using a Plain Language approach.
- Proven experience in conducting interviews and creating content for international and intercultural audience is required.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills are required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Computer literacy is required, including experience with business software including Microsoft Office and online communications tools for meetings and webinars.
- Experience and the ability to input, retrieve and maintain data in a Salesforce CRM environment.
- Strong time management, organizational and administration skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and to effectively solve problems.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work with a remote, diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills; knowledge of global audiences.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and a team player.
- Interest in other cultures and appreciation of diversity.
The ideal candidate is willing to make a mid- to long-term commitment to this role.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience required for the position. The successful applicant will be engaged as a full-time employee, initially on a one-year contract, subject to renewal.
Particulars of the Search
Applicants who are legally authorised to live and work in the Netherlands are welcome to apply. Proof of national origin and Dutch residence status will be requested during the selection process.
Applicants should submit a letter (in English) describing her/his fit and interest in the position along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae. The names, addresses and contact details of two (2) direct supervisors who have evaluated the applicant’s performance should be provided. CIS reserves the right to contact referees for confidential statements.
CIS ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to refrain from submitting such sensitive data as defined by the GDPR in their job application.
CIS will collect and store applicants’ submitted documentation in Microsoft Office 365, will process the data for recruitment purposes only, and will not share it with anyone else. The data will be kept until the position is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts a job offer for the position. When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it for future roles.
Applications and enquiries should be directed to Human Resources via email: CISCommunications@cois.org
15 December 2018