Full-time position covering maternity leave
Effective February 2019
The Council of International Schools (CIS)
The Council of International Schools (CIS) is a nonprofit membership organization providing services to schools and higher education institutions globally that share a commitment to high quality education, and a desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as global citizens.
CIS supports member schools to improve continuously, to access effective international educational practices, to gain recognition for accomplishments, to attract and select educational leaders and staff, to facilitate student connections with top universities around the world, and to provide a high quality international educational experience to globally-minded parents and students.
CIS BELIEFS AND VALUES
CIS serves a diverse learning community globally and believes it is important to embrace and incorporate diverse perspective within its team. CIS values and fosters generative dialogue as an essential aspect of leadership, holistically establishing and refining objectives. CIS holds high standards of leadership in order to attract, retain and develop high quality staff, as it believes that its success is dependent on the capabilities and commitment of its people.
CIS believes that compensation must be competitive within the markets and areas in which it operates, based upon individual performance, and fairly measured against well-defined objectives. CIS will promote from within, whenever possible and practical, and will delegate responsibility to build a strong organization.
This is a full-time position covering maternity leave starting 11 February 2019 and ending on 28 June 2019. The Webmaster will be based at the CIS office in Leiden, the Netherlands and expected to work in the office five days per week. He/she has the primary responsibility for the maintaining online technologies connecting members to CIS including the CIS website, community portals, and event registration solution. Responsibilities include creating and updating content on our public website and member-only portals. In addition, the role will oversee our event registration solution, Aventri, setting up events so members can register.
The Webmaster is responsible to the Director of Membership & Communications for overall results.
Content Management & Administration (Public website / Community portals)
- Maintain the organisational websites for a worldwide audience, including both the external website and the internal community portals.
- Manage all content changes on the external website: update information for service areas; manage images & graphics; maintain calendar and news announcements; and keep content fresh.
- Create landing pages and online forms to support web programmes.
- Design graphic buttons, banners and announcements as needed using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.
- Track and respond to web-related support requests from staff and members. Manage support requests with website vendor, tracking issues and resolution.
- Provide project management and implementation support of initiatives related to the CIS website.
- Keep homepage fresh and relevant for members and potential members.
- Inform internal website users of problems, problem resolutions or application changes and updates.
- Create landing pages, password protected pages and microsites in the marketing automation solution and measure the impact.
- Work with FinalSite support team to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Communicate with internal teams when issues or outages impact website.
Support for Online tools
- Update HTML/Style Sheets for our online marketing tools (Salesforce Pardot).
- Troubleshoot formatting issues on landing pages, emails and forms.
Event Registration & Promotion
- Manage our event registration technology - Aventri; set up events for registration including online pages using established templates. Send emails through the system to event attendees and support teams with reports as needed.
- Promote events on the public website via microsites, calendar pages, event pages, banners and news items.
- Work with Aventri support as needed to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Use analyses to determine website’s effectiveness and usability using Google Analytics.
- Track, compile and analyse data on website/portal activity and traffic patterns.
Education and Experience
- 4+ years of professional experience supporting teams using online technology solutions in a webmaster role is required.
- Experience working within the field of education and for global organizations is preferred.
- Experience updating websites using a content management system (CMS).
- Experience using Google Analytics is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues, communicate with stakeholder and manage support tickets with external vendors.
- Computer literacy with ability to input, retrieve and maintain data in a CRM environment, demonstrated skills in the use of MS Office, Adobe creative software suite, and SharePoint.
- Well-developed and demonstrated spoken and written English skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and a team player.
- Analytical skills to inform decision-making ability.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure, including the ability to work independently with a remote, diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills; knowledge of global audiences.
- Interest in other cultures and appreciation of diversity.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience required for the position. The successful applicant will be engaged as a full-time employee from 11 February through 28 June 2019.
Particulars of the Search
Applicants who are legally authorised to live and work in the Netherlands are welcome to apply. Proof of national origin and Dutch residence status will be requested during the selection process.
Applicants should submit a letter (in English) describing her/his fit and interest in the position along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae. The names, addresses and contact details of two (2) direct supervisors who have evaluated the applicant’s performance should be provided. CIS reserves the right to contact referees for confidential statements.
CIS ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to refrain from submitting such sensitive data as defined by the GDPR in their job application.
CIS will collect and store applicants’ submitted documentation in Microsoft Office 365, will process the data for recruitment purposes only, and will not share it with anyone else. The data will be kept until the position is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts a job offer for the position. When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we would like to keep it for future roles.
Applications and enquiries should be directed to Human Resources via email: CISCommunications@cois.org
15 December 2018