Accreditation Evaluation Teams
CIS educators play a crucial role in upholding the highest standards in international education by joining a team of peer evaluators.
Our peer evaluation model is a hallmark of the CIS International Accreditation philosophy. We believe that gaining perspectives from fellow member schools is a vital aspect of school evaluation. A diverse team enriches the accreditation process through the sharing of knowledge and effective practices, to the benefit of not only the schools being evaluated but also the peers involved in their evaluation. Evaluators make a positive impact on our global membership community while learning and refining skills to use throughout their educational career.
Volunteering as an evaluation team member provides significant professional benefits for educators and leaders. Our peer evaluators consistently rate the experience as the best professional development they have had.
Understanding and seeking the depth of what it means to be truly internationally minded, knowing the world is one with the determination to improve and learn from each other, is what I have experienced on the team visits... I hope to continue to experience this learning and professional development... as I immerse myself into school' evaluation and improvement.
The requirements for becoming a CIS Accreditation Evaluator are:
- Affiliation with a CIS Member or CIS Accredited School
- A university or college degree equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree
- A teaching qualification/license or an appropriate educational qualification in an area of expertise e.g. counselling/library sciences
- Suitable background checks and a reference from your current or most recent employer. See our safeguarding policy summary for further information
- Two years of current, full-time teaching experience as a teacher, leader or in an educational specialist role.
- Good command of English for the purpose of engaging in the evaluation of schools (report reading, report writing, conducting meetings, etc.)
Are you interested in becoming a CIS Accreditation Evaluator?
Make sure you have access to the CIS Community portal for schools (you should be added by someone at your school to your school’s list of contacts). Then complete the interest form under International Accreditation > Become an Evaluator.